TL;DR: On Deck is launching the On Deck Engineering Fellowship to help aspiring engineering leaders and technical managers build a predictable path to leadership.
Being a great engineer, and an outstanding manager are two distinct skill sets. Rising to technical leadership requires a delicate balance of deep technical ability, with interpersonal and communication skills.
Today, several engineers take on managerial roles without any training or framework for success. It’s tough to do well at an entirely new role without guidance, mentorship and the opportunity to build your leadership skills. These are often hard to find (certainly not in one place!).
The On Deck Engineering Fellowship (ODE) is solving this problem.
ODE is a curated community designed to help aspiring engineering leaders and technical managers build a predictable path to leadership. It’s a safe space to build managerial confidence, learn from industry leaders and cultivate a personal advisory board.
The fellowship kicks off with two tracks:
- Rising Tech Lead: For early-career engineers who want to break into management roles, and rising managers who’re beginning to scale teams and projects
- Engineering Leadership: For Engineering Managers and Directors of Engineering looking to accelerate their path to senior leadership
ODE begins with an onboarding month; an opportunity to get to know the community and learn how to navigate On Deck to achieve your goals for the year ahead. After the onboarding, you’ll get regular access to:
- A trusted, exclusive community: Meet the mentor you’ve been looking for, established engineering leaders or even your next star hire through curated 1:1 connections in a supportive community of like-minded peers.
- The On Deck network: Benefit from unparalleled access to the entire On Deck ecosystem. Get direct access to exciting early-stage startups for mentorship opportunities and a curated community of world-class professionals to help find solutions to your everyday professional challenges
- Career Toolkit: Acquire specialized frameworks, knowledge and skills via live sessions and fireside chats with industry leaders and an extensive library of content.
You can dive into everything the fellowship has to offer, or opt-in only to what best suits your goals and time. We curate all programming and connections to maximize your time and the value you get out of the fellowship.
ODE will empower you to grow, personally and professionally. Whether you want to discuss best practices for headcount modeling, develop your personal leadership style, or brainstorm scalable solutions to everyday problems, the ODE community is here for you.
Meet the Founding Fellows!
We’re truly excited to bring together some of the brightest minds in the industry for the inaugural On Deck Engineering kickoff. As a fellow, you’ll have the opportunity to level up together, and shape the long-term vision and structure of ODE alongside these talented and ambitious leaders.
Apply by April 3 for the inaugural kickoff on April 18. ODE is by-application only, and there are only 80 places available - so apply fast!