On Deck is launching a 10-week program where entrepreneurs and experts who are fighting climate change come together to start, join, invest in and advise climate tech companies. The first cohort kicks off in early March. Apply here.
Climate tech is the paramount industry of our times. Tackling the major challenges that assail our planet is of the essence, but unfortunately, climate tech is as complex as it is critical. The combination of deep climate science required and the overwhelming regulatory, funding and technical landscape makes it very hard to navigate.
Nonetheless, this year, climate tech is at the point of take-off. The recent tragedies of record hurricanes, uncontrolled wildfires, and rising sea levels have inspired investors, entrepreneurs, and governments to turn to technology and innovation to combat climate change.
Unfortunately, this influx of entrepreneurial talent is disconnected from the climate scientists and researchers who have been in the space for years. To win the fight against climate change, entrepreneurs have to plug into the same circles as the climate scientists and researchers.
In this complex and sometimes emotionally taxing space, it’s especially important for people to band together and drive solutions.
Enter the On Deck Climate Tech Fellowship (ODCT.)
Introducing On Deck Climate Tech
On Deck Climate Tech Fellowship is a 10-week program where entrepreneurs and experts who are fighting climate change come together to start, join, invest in and advise climate tech companies.
A few words from Candice Ammori, our Program Director:
As an On Deck Climate Tech Fellow, you’ll have access to:
- Curated libraries of papers, talks, and books, organized by subject, to help you better understand the intersection of climate science and tech
- Fireside chats, small group breakouts and deep-dive sessions with the world's best climate tech entrepreneurs, policy experts, VCs and scientists, focused on different climate tech industries, climate tech entrepreneurial best practices, fundraising and more.
- Office hours and sessions led by peer fellows who are experts in their respective fields, from science to tech to policy and investing
- Peer-to-peer mastermind groups for accountability and support within the cohort
- Exclusive access to projects from NGOs, large companies, and start-ups in the space who can become long-term partners.
- Build Weekends (hackathons) with special corporate guests and partners
Whether you are an entrepreneur obsessed with solving our climate challenges, a scientist looking to bring deep, technically complex solutions to market, or looking to join, partner with or support climate tech companies, ODCT provides the structure and framework for spontaneity, fruitful collisions and serendipity that create the grounds for truly innovative and scalable climate tech businesses.
The Inaugural ODCT Cohort kicks off in early March. You can apply here before January 30. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Who is in the first cohort?
A few of the talented individuals participating in our first cohort:
Ready to get started?
We’re thrilled to launch this new initiative, and can’t wait to build this space with and for you. We hope this can become the nexus between entrepreneurs and climate experts collectively building climate-solving startups that solve the most pressing issue of our times. Applications are open.