On Deck Performative speaking Fellowship
Turn your speaking into a superpower. In 8 weeks.
On Deck Performative Speaking is an eight-week remote program for ambitious professionals who want to become powerful public speakers. Our curriculum combines storytelling, speaking frameworks, deliberate practice and an incredible community to help you become the speaker of your dreams.
"Robbie helps you unleash your superpower through Performative Speaking. PS was the most transformative course I took this year."
"Thoughts on Performative Speaking? Greatest investment if you want to: paint the masterpiece of your life, develop your speaking identity, have boundless energy in ALL social situations and develop a strong presence."
"Robbie’s course is truly transformational. Come for the tactics for delivering better speeches. Stay for the journey of self discovery and amazing community."
"My biggest takeaway from performative speaking “It’s your story. Don’t let anyone try and change it.” That line gave me the push I needed to embrace my own story. I embraced authenticity."
"Robbie's course was my very 1st speaking class ever. I got a "dream" job in the middle of the course while I was told it would've taken up to 2 years to land a job in my field."
Everything you need to become a powerful speaker
Learn the essential foundations of every great speaker
Craft your personal narrative with proven frameworks
Make public speaking feel natural with structured practice
Join a supportive community of leaders
Apply for On Deck Performative Speaking
Our Fellows are the heartbeat of our community. Here's what they have to say.View More
Curriculum & Speakers
Marshall Davis Jones
The On Deck Method
We're building a modern educational institution that redefines how community and learning come together. Being part of any On Deck program means you’ll have access to a community of world-class professionals. With every new program we launch and cohort we start, your network gets stronger.
Here are the cornerstones of the On Deck experience:
Scaled With Software
Spirit of Service
Apply for On Deck Performative Speaking
To be a good fit for ODPS, you are probably:
- A founder that wants to attract the right funding, talent, and customers for your business
- An operator, product manager or project manager looking to take on more leadership roles your organization
- An online personality that frequently creates content or speaks on YouTube videos or podcasts
- A Director, VP, or executive trying to make that next step into the C-suite
- A coach who needs to clearly communicate with their clients and inspire action
- Eager to be an active participant and contributor in a growing community, as much of the value of On Deck comes from the network and peer-to-peer connections.
Joining On Deck Performative Speaking is $2,990.
For this first inaugural cohort, we’re offering the program at an early-bird rate of $2,990, with the cost rising for subsequent cohorts.
Our goal is to make ODPS accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their situation.
While many eligible applicants do have the means to support themselves, many others don’t. We’re excited to be able to offer scholarships thanks to the generosity of alumni and partners.
There are no fees to apply so please submit an application to be considered for ODPS — we only ask about financial assistance requirements after fellows have been accepted in order to avoid discrimination during the evaluation process.
Between attending your workshops and giving peer feedback, you should expect your speaking workshop to take up around three to four hours a week.
Beyond workshops, ODPS is a choose-your-own-adventure buffet. You get out what you put in: often, the biggest contributors are also the biggest beneficiaries.
Depending on your schedule and interests, you could choose to:
* Attend everything and “gorge” yourself on knowledge until you explode
* Tune in at your leisure to attend sessions that interest you
* Or just search the directory and connect with interesting people one-on-one
Most ODPS Fellows have full-time jobs, so our programming is designed with that in mind.
Yes: ODPS will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve spent the past few ODF cohorts mastering the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.
We’re aiming to build a cohort that is diverse across race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, national origin, professional background, age, viewpoint, and subject matter—you name it!
Since this is the first cohort of ODPS, we don’t yet have specific demographics for this program, but we released a demographic breakdown for ODF5 that can serve as a useful comparison.
On Deck lives by four core guiding values, crucial to the culture we strive to foster in the community:
* Service: On Deck is bigger than any one person. For this community to thrive, it must be driven by a spirit of service to others. Be generous with your time, knowledge, and support. Karma has a way of finding its way back.
* Sacredness: By default, everything is off the record. Many in this group are searching for something deeper in their lives or making big transitions, and others may not yet have publicly shared this with friends, family, or employers. Please honor that, and avoid sharing anything you learn about each other without explicit permission.
* Respect: You are all now part of the On Deck family. You’re all embarking on what will surely be a rollercoaster of a journey — but you’re in this shared experience together. With that comes a sense of responsibility: be inclusive, stick together, and respect one another.
* Gratitude: have a spirit of curiosity and gratitude. We’re bringing together a group of fascinating people, most of whom likely have never met each other…how amazing is that? Get to know each other, and make the cohort what you want it to be for yourself.