On Deck Fintech Fellowship (ODFintech)
Come together to build
the new frontier of fintech
On Deck Fintech is an 8-week remote program for founders, investors and operators working on frontier themes in fintech. We combine highly curated programming with a diverse community of practitioners to help you share knowledge, find opportunities, make connections and build the next wave of innovation in financial services — together.
“If you're navigating the idea maze of building a fintech startup, this is an amazing opportunity to learn and work closely with a great group of folks!”
"Fintech infrastructure is *almost* moving as fast as crypto these days, and this is just the beginning. @beondeck & @sarthakgh have assembled a killer group to explore what's next - apply here!”
“The most precious commodity for a founder is time. You want to allocate it to high signal-to-noise opportunities. @beondeck's inaugural Fintech cohort is one such opp. Excited to explore some frontiers with this stellar group of founders and operators!”
“At @BainCapVC we are huge fans of @beondeck, and thrilled to be involved in this Fintech Fellowship. We need more builders in fintech, and this program will be part of building, and diversifying, the pipeline.”
“This is going to be a lot of fun, with a bunch of amazing people participating. Applications open now for inaugural On Deck Fintech Fellowship program!”
Everything you need to build the next wave of financial services
Immerse yourself in frontier areas within fintech
Grow your network
Find opportunities and reach your goals
Join a community of builders and fintech leaders
Christian Vizcaino Jordan
Apply for the Fintech Fellowship
Our Fellows are the heartbeat of our community. Here's what they have to say.View More
Curriculum & Speakers
The On Deck Method
We're building a modern educational institution that redefines how community and learning come together. Being part of any On Deck program means you’ll have access to a community of world-class professionals. With every new program we launch and cohort we start, your network gets stronger.
Here are the cornerstones of the On Deck experience:
Scaled With Software
Spirit of Service
Apply for the Fintech Fellowship
Non fintech companies are now able to launch financial services leveraging existing infrastructure. New startups can now build innovative products that address underserved behaviors, needs and audiences without having to build the plumbing themselves. All of this enabled by emerging infrastructure for financial services.
Those interconnected themes are the focus of On Deck Fintech.
To be a good fit for ODFintech, you are probably:
- A founder, operator, investor or someone seeking a new role in fintech
- You are committed to building the future of financial services and have a deep interest in one of the focus areas (embedded fintech, emerging infrastructure or new products enabled by the infrastructure)
- For founders, stage can range from exploring fintech startup ideas to ideating or scaling fintech ideas at traditional software platforms or marketplaces
- For operators, we’re looking for mid to senior career fellows with deep functional expertise looking to launch or scale financial products
- For job seekers, we are looking for fellows committed to finding a role in fintech in the immediate future
- You should be excited about being both a mentor and a mentee to other fellows with different levels of experience and backgrounds. The goal is that you'll be leaving the fellowship with meaningful, deep relationships in the fintech ecosystem that you can carry throughout your career
- You should be eager to be an active participant in a growing community, as much of the value of On Deck comes from the network and peer to peer learning
On Deck Fintech is a community to learn from the best people, share knowledge, grow your network and find new opportunities.
As a participant, you get access to:
- An 8 week program & curriculum, including live and recorded programming, breakout sessions and mastermind groups.
- On Deck’s online community and On Deck Directory. You’ll be able to search and filter the Directory and Slack community to learn more about your peers and have discussions
- Fintech-specific and cross-program build weekends with special guests and partners.
- An opportunity to build relationships with high potential founders, operators, job seekers and other enthusiasts. This community will likely follow you deep into your ever-evolving fintech journey.
Access to OD Fintech costs $2990. We have limited scholarships available for each cohort thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
While we expect a large portion of the cohort to be founders, it takes a village to move the fintech ecosystem forward.
With that in mind, ODFintech will bring together all members of the fintech community.
Incoming ODFintech Fellows will have a diverse set of goals including:
- Seeking jobs, mentorship or partnership opportunities
- Ideating on fintech offerings at your current company.
- Working on building and selling infrastructure offerings to other fintech and software companies
- Getting help navigating the ecosystem as a domain expert in capital markets or compliance
- Gaining exposure to a growing ecosystem as someone currently working at a financial institution
As long as you are passionate about innovation in financial services and are excited about spending time with fellow enthusiasts, you are welcome to apply!
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation.
All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments rather than pay the full cost upfront. We also have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
Here’s some of what we have in store for you :
Curriculum : There will be talks, discussions and panels on :
- Deep dives exploring the past, present and future of fintech ecosystem
- Fireside chats with the best thinkers
- Founder perspectives on new kinds of fintech products
- Thematic and tactical dives into various flavors of embedded fintech and infrastructure with the top builders
Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing:
- Fellows can host intra-cohort events and office hours to have discussions and learn from each other.
- Small, opt-in subgroups meant to serve as peer groups. We will actively curate groups based on roles, career stage, goals, and more.
Cohort socials :
- Get to know others casually and seed friendships through a variety of events
The participation is buffet-style. You are in charge of your experience. We recommend spending 2-3 hours a week attending programming and/or engaging with other fellows.
Ultimately, you get out what you put in. Often, the biggest contributors are also the biggest beneficiaries.
Depending on your schedule and interests, you could choose to:
- Attend all sessions and immerse yourself in fintech all week
- Tune in at your leisure to attend sessions that interest you
- Search the directory and connect with interesting people one-on-one
- Attend pre-scheduled or fellow-driven intimate groups
Most fellows have full-time jobs, so our programming is designed with that in mind.
Yes: OD Fintech will be run entirely remotely.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.