On Deck Designer Fellowship (ODD)
Become a successful design leader. Surrounded by talented peers.
The On Deck Designer Fellowship is an eight-week remote program for ambitious designers who want to hone their skills, increase their impact and grow as leaders. We combine a step-by-step curriculum and an incredible community of peers to help you become an effective design leader.
"So excited to be a founding fellow at @beondeck 's Designer Fellowship and to learn from amazing people!"
This year I set a goal of improving my leadership skills, and I was lucky enough to be joining Designer Fellowship as a founding fellow. I'm beyond excited to learn from other designers and become a future design leader."
"This fellowship with On Deck would accelerate your design career and growth at an exceptional pace. A great program ran by one of the most talented people I've had an opportunity to meet."
"I’m incredibly excited to be joining On Deck's first Designer Fellowship, led by Mindaugas. Looking forward to leveling up as a designer and soaking up knowledge from a community of world-class design leaders."
Everything you need to become a successful design leader
Hone your leadership skills and put them into practice
Learn the step-by-step playbook used by experienced design leaders
Understand how to maximize your impact in your organization
Build long lasting relationships with other designers
Apply for the Designers Fellowship
Our Fellows are the heartbeat of our community. Here's what they have to say.View More
Speakers & Curriculum
The On Deck Method
We're building a modern educational institution that redefines how community and learning come together. Being part of any On Deck program means you’ll have access to a community of world-class professionals. With every new program we launch and cohort we start, your network gets stronger.
Here are the cornerstones of the On Deck experience:
Peer to Peer
For All Identities
Scaled with software
Spirit of Service
Apply for the Designers Fellowship
To be a good fit for ODD, you are probably:
* Someone who recently moved into a management or leadership role as a Design Manager, Head of Design or Director. Or you’ve been doing this for a while and eager to increase your impact and accelerate your career.
* A Mid-Level, Senior, Lead and Principal designer. You are exploring a path to management & leadership, and looking for a safe space to do so.
* Eager to be an active participant and contributor in a growing community, as much of the value of On Deck comes from the network and peer-to-peer connections.
* Excited about the opportunity to collaborate with other fellowships like founders, no-code, climate tech, writers and others.
Joining the On Deck Deck Designer Fellowship is $1,990.
For this first inaugural cohort, we’re offering the program at an early-bird rate of $1,990, with the cost rising for subsequent cohorts.
Our goal is to make ODD accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their situation.
While many eligible applicants do have the means to support themselves, many others don’t. We’re excited to be able to offer scholarships thanks to the generosity of alumni and partners.
There are no fees to apply so please submit an application to be considered for ODD — we only ask about financial assistance requirements after fellows have been accepted in order to avoid discrimination during the evaluation process.
ODD is a choose-your-own-adventure buffet. You get out what you put in: often, the biggest contributors are also the biggest beneficiaries.
Depending on your schedule and interests, you could choose to:
* Attend everything and “gorge” yourself on knowledge until you explode
* Tune in at your leisure to attend sessions that interest you
* Or just search the directory and connect with interesting people one-on-one
Yes: ODD will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve spent the past few ODF cohorts mastering the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.
We’re aiming to build a cohort that is diverse across race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, national origin, professional background, age, viewpoint, and subject matter—you name it!
Since this is the first cohort of ODCT, we don’t yet have specific demographics for this program, but we released a demographic breakdown for ODF5 that can serve as a useful comparison.
On Deck lives by four core guiding values, crucial to the culture we strive to foster in the community:
* Service: On Deck is bigger than any one person. For this community to thrive, it must be driven by a spirit of service to others. Be generous with your time, knowledge, and support. Karma has a way of finding its way back.
* Sacredness: By default, everything is off the record. Many in this group are searching for something deeper in their lives or making big transitions, and others may not yet have publicly shared this with friends, family, or employers. Please honor that, and avoid sharing anything you learn about each other without explicit permission.
* Respect: You are all now part of the On Deck family. You’re all embarking on what will surely be a rollercoaster of a journey — but you’re in this shared experience together. With that comes a sense of responsibility: be inclusive, stick together, and respect one another.
* Gratitude: have a spirit of curiosity and gratitude. We’re bringing together a group of fascinating people, most of whom likely have never met each other…how amazing is that? Get to know each other, and make the cohort what you want it to be for yourself.