Connect and build with founders, operators, and supporters in climate tech
On Deck Climate Tech (ODCT) is a continuous community for people to come together to build, join, or support revolutionary climate tech startups.
Connect with a community passionate about creating impactful climate solutions
a belief that startups can push the boundaries of traditional climate, and a desire to build, join or support startups to do so.
Exchange ideas with the best in climate tech
Peer-to-peer knowledge sharing
Navigate the climate tech ecosystem supported by intimate masterminds with trusted peers
Access industry specific content you won’t find anywhere else
Thematic deep-dives from experts
High Signal Sessions With Industry’s Best
Ever-growing Library Of Content
Our speakers are top builders, operators, and supporters in climate tech, including:
Everything you need to make an impact in climate tech, for years to come
Ready to apply?
- De-risk your startup
- Develop innovative IP
- Understand the fundraising landscape in climate tech
- Build a career in climate tech
- Discover how you want to make an impact in the climate space
- Choose your next opportunity wisely
- Identify early deals and companies you would like to advise
- Identify frontier themes in climate tech
- Push the industry forward with your expertise
Here’s what other Fellows have been saying about their ODCT experience
"On Deck Climate Tech is one of the best showcases of individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences and skill sets coming together to collaborate and work on solutions to the biggest crisis of our time."
"ODCT is overwhelming, but in a positive way! So many ideas, meaningful connections, new things to learn! Couldn’t recommend enough."
"ODCT catalyzed my climate tech journey, accelerating my learning, helping me grow a strong community, and increasing my determination to have an impact on the challenge of our generation."
“ODCT has opened tons of doors for me. I’ve had the chance to speak to leading scientists, policy makers, and other founders that have helped me push my business forward - all because of On Deck."
“My knowledge of the climate tech world rapidly evolved during the On Deck Climate Tech fellowship. Connecting to founders, investors and other stakeholders opened my eyes and allowed me to dive into a more diverse set of opportunities to pursue in my future journey.”
“The convening power of ODCT is incredible. Not only do we have access to the brightest minds at the forefront of the climate transition, but every single fellow is a superstar in their own right.”
Many great entrepreneurs and technologists want to help solve the paramount problem of our times, but they often don't know where to start or who to talk to. And many climate tech experts want to build companies alongside entrepreneurial talent. But right now, their communities are generally siloed with little overlap. This Fellowship bridges that gap.
ODCT brings together 150 startup and climate experts and helps them navigate the complex regulatory, funding and technical landscapes through a community of incredible peers. ODCT Fellows explore ideas, meet collaborators, and start, grow, and support companies in the climate tech space.
On Deck has already launched over 330+ companies that have raised over $250m. We are focusing on climate to create serendipity for truly innovative and scalable climate tech solutions. Ultimately, the Fellowship's goal is to accelerate the speed at which talented people can contribute to the climate tech space through community, content, and structure you’ll need for the next 70+ years of climate innovation.
The complexity of the problem of climate change has created an unmet demand for talent of all types — from policy wonks to hardware engineers, and from corporate consultants to scientists. All types of people are needed, and all will play a part in building the paramount industry of our times.
During our selection process, we look for three things:
1. Expertise & Experience
- We look for candidates with world-class experience in tech, entrepreneurship, or deep domain knowledge in climate. You may be a climate scientist, policy expert, investor, founder, or employee at a climate tech company. Alternatively, you are likely an entrepreneur, tech employee or part of the corporate workforce in other industries determined to make a positive impact through a climate tech startup.
- If you are a startup expert, we look for founder, early employee, or VP/C-suite experience (you may also be an investor or advisor to compelling companies, have audacious side projects, etc.)
- If you are a climate expert, we look for a background that clearly demonstrates deep expertise in at least one aspect of climate science (PhD or rigorous academic background, experience building climate tech companies, etc.)
- We prioritize people with a bias for action. This means we look for those building or on the verge of building. Those Fellows tend to gain the most value from our programs.
- We also prioritize people with a demonstrated commitment and aptitude for advising, investing in, or otherwise supporting early to mid-stage climate tech companies.
- We welcome all stages of ideas and companies. You may come into the Fellowship openly exploring or looking to latch onto others' ideas. You may come in with a specific idea or MVP/prototype. Or you may have a company that you're actively building and raising more funds for.
3. Spirit of Service
- We look for individuals who show a "spirit of service". Community is the core value of ODCT — we look for individuals who care about contributing to this community, helping others, and impacting the entire climate tech ecosystem by helping to accelerate the rate at which climate tech companies form and make positive impacts.
ODClimate Tech is an annual membership that costs $2,990/year ($1,490 for Fellows currently finishing PhD programs). All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments (with no interest or additional charges). We’re also happy to work with your team, if applicable, to expense some or all of the cost through L&D.
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation. We run a need-blind application process and have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
A new Fellowship begins every quarter (every January, April, July, and October). ODCT helps Fellows meet their goals of exploring ideas, meeting collaborators, and starting, growing or advising climate tech companies through networking and serendipitous connections with other talented and committed people in the climate tech space. This community of high caliber scientists, experts and operators will follow you deep into your ever-evolving climate tech career.
The On Deck Climate Tech Fellowship is composed of a mix of events and tools that help Fellows meet and engage with each other. Events range from socials and community events hosted by Fellows to discussions and office hours with leading experts in the climate tech space. Fellows have access to search and filter our internal Directory and Slack community to learn more about your peers and ask or answer questions. We also host climate-specific and cross-program build weekends with special guests and partners. All of this gives our Fellows unique opportunities to build relationships with scientists, founders, and experts across the climate tech space.
After the initial onboarding weeks of the program, you also have a one year long membership at On Deck which gives you access to the climate tech alumni community slack channel and the directory. You'll have the option to join to renew this membership annually for continued access to all of what our community offers!
Yes. ODClimate Tech will be entirely remote. We’ve spent multiple cohorts mastering the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here. This enables participation from all corners of the world.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing some offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Membership will remain a remote-first experience.
After one year of membership, you will have the opportunity to renew your membership. If you choose not to renew your membership, you will lose access to all On Deck platforms, networks, and content.