On Deck Chief of Staff Fellowship (ODCoS)
Master the Chief of Staff role. Surrounded by incredible peers.
The Chief of Staff Fellowship is an 8-week remote program for accomplished Chiefs of Staff who want to use the role as an accelerant for their team and their careers. We combine a comprehensive curriculum, world-class speakers and an unmatched community to help you navigate this unique role.
"What I wish I had as Chief of Staff."
"CoS is a super lonely role with almost no resources to learn how to get better. Join this community and fix all of that!"
"I've found 1:1s with fellow CoS to be extraordinarily useful for sharing learnings about this amorphous role and look forward to building a larger community."
Everything you need to master the role
Learn company-building frameworks
Build a support system and network
Master effective communication
Join a community of accomplished Chief of Staff
Apply for the Chief of Staff Fellowship
Our Fellows are the heartbeat of our community. Here's what they have to say.View More
Speakers & Curriculum
The On Deck Method
We're building a modern educational institution that redefines how community and learning come together. Being part of any On Deck program means you’ll have access to a community of world-class professionals. With every new program we launch and cohort we start, your network gets stronger.
Here are the cornerstones of the On Deck experience:
Scaled With Software
Spirit of Service
Apply for the Chief of Staff Fellowship
To be a good fit for ODCoS, you are probably:
* A Chief of Staff looking to understand the role and how to execute to provide your principal / team maximum leverage
* A founder, CEO, or executive looking to level up your current CoS -- have them apply today!
* A Chief of Staff seeking to identify how to weave the role into your broader career trajectory and aspirations
* A Chief of Staff who desires a community of other CoS's to help refine your craft, build a peer group of accountability, and share common experiences with
* An experienced operator who has recently taken a CoS role and is looking to build the network and skillset to crush their new role
* One of a select few superstar operators who aren't currently a Chief of Staff but are seeking to enter the role and have highly relevant experience that would enable them to contribute and get value from this community. Also see the On Deck First 50 Fellowship.
For fellows in the program, we hope to help you make the greatest possible impact on your organization, as well as give you the understanding and network to leverage your experience as a CoS to achieve your broader career aspirations and build lifelong community. We'll help by "engineering serendipity" with other talented and committed people in the space, as well as provide educational resources.
The fellowship is meant to build an amazing community and peer learning environment of world-class Chiefs of Staff. Ultimately, our hope is to be a force multiplier for the space at large, helping accelerate the speed at which talented people can find their their own superpowers and ultimately build things that leave a lasting impact on our world.
For the inaugural cohort, we’re offering the program at an early-bird rate of $5000. If you're accepted, we'll work with you and your executive if you'd like to expense some or all of the cost of the program as part of your company's L&D budget.
As a participant, you get access to:
* A 10-week program & curriculum, including live and recorded programming, breakout sessions and guided workshops.
* On Deck’s online community and On Deck Directory, where you’ll be able to search and filter the Directory and Slack community to learn more about your peers and ask or answer questions.
* Dedicated Mastermind groups with peers from diverse and similar backgrounds to build accountability and a support network - the role can be lonely!
* And ultimately, the life-changing opportunity to build relationships with high potential, high octane people. This community will likely follow you deep into your ever-evolving career.
The power of this program is in the community, and like any community, you get back what you put in. You should plan to invest 2-5 hours per week in ODCoS. The more you contribute to the community by helping others out, the more good karma will make its way back to you.
The events and curated resources are designed to help you leverage time, networks, and resources to your advantage. Depending on your schedule and interests, you could choose to:
Attend everything and “gorge” yourself on knowledge until you explode
Tune in at your leisure to attend sessions that interest you
Or just search the directory and connect with interesting people one-on-one
We accept fellows from around the world. For this first cohort, the majority of sessions will be in North American time zones, but recordings will be available to Fellows at any time. Fellows from Asia are welcome to join, but we expect to have fewer sessions in Asian-friendly time zones this first time around.
Yes: ODCoS will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve spent the past few ODF cohorts mastering the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.
We’re aiming to build a cohort that is diverse across race/ethnicity, gender, sexuality, national origin, professional background, age, viewpoint, and subject matter—you name it!
Since this is the first cohort of ODCoS, we don’t yet have specific demographics for this program, but we released a demographic breakdown for ODF5 that can serve as a useful comparison.