On Deck Catalyst (ODC)
Accelerate your path to changing the world. With incredible peers.
On Deck Catalyst is a ten-week remote program for young leaders who want to solve the world’s most pressing problems and take an unconventional path to building their career. We combine an in-depth curriculum with a world-class community to help you make an impact on the world.
Application deadline: May 4, 2021
Kickoff: June 5, 2021
"So excited to be a Founding Fellow in the first cohort of @beondeck Catalyst! I'm in good company... this should be a blast"
"Shriya helped me launch my career in tech literally the 2nd day I arrived in SF at 20 w/ 0 connections.If you haven’t yet experienced @shriyanevatia’s magic at making things happen for all people early-stage, this is your chance, do not miss!!!."
"On Deck is building Stanford for the internet. Each new cohort adds to their flywheel, but I'm specifically excited to be involved in this one!"
"I'm SO EXCITED for the @beondeck Catalyst program - finally something that spoke volumes to me! Already halfway through filling out the application!"
"Excited to be a founding fellow for this :) Check the website to see the INCREDIBLE people I’m with!! Be sure to apply!"
"What will be amazing will be to see what the ambitious individuals in ODC accomplish over the next five years."
Everything you need to make your mark
Build the foundation for your future
Meet other future leaders when they’re just starting out
Understand how the tech industry really works
Join a vibrant community of future leaders
Apply for On Deck Catalyst
Leaders & Protégés
Keith Rabois & Delian Asparouhov
Aileen Lee & Jomayra Herrera
Jeff Morris Jr & Gaby Goldberg
Kanjun Qiu & Ali Rohde
Josh Wolfe & Rahul Rana
Speakers & Curriculum
Shruti Van Dyke Gandhi
Yardley Ip Pohl
The On Deck Method
We're building a modern educational institution that redefines how community and learning come together. Being part of any On Deck program means you’ll have access to a community of world-class professionals. With every new program we launch and cohort we start, your network gets stronger.
Here are the cornerstones of the On Deck experience:
Scaled With Software
Spirit of Service
Apply for On Deck Catalyst
To be a good fit for ODC, we're not looking for a particular role or background. You may be a founder, investor, or have any role in the tech industry. The most important qualities are:
- Unapologetic ambition — You're career-driven and want to have a massive impact on the world
- Independent thinker — You are willing to take the less-safe route, maybe even look dumb for a few years, to have a better payoff in the future
- Humility & spirit of service — You don't take yourself too seriously, you believe there's something to learn from everyone, and you love giving back
You might look like...
- A college dropout who built a nuclear fusion reactor in your basement
- A new grad who's working for a prominent solo GP as you build your own investing track record on the side
- A B2B SaaS startup founder who feels isolated as you scale your team beyond 50 employees
- A young longevity researcher looking to get plugged into Silicon Valley in the cloud after years in academia
- Or something else! Tell us your unique story, we would love to hear it.
Joining ODC is $1,990. We have limited scholarships available for each cohort thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date.
Our goal is to make the Fellowship accessible to the absolute best talent, no matter their financial situation.
All Fellows have the option to pay in four monthly installments (with no interest or additional charges). We also have a limited number of scholarships available thanks to our Access Fund. Information about scholarship applications will be provided to accepted Fellows closer to the kickoff date. We have need-blind admissions, so decisions about scholarship opportunities will be presented post-acceptance.
ODC is a choose-your-own-adventure buffet. You get out what you put in: often, the biggest contributors are also the biggest beneficiaries.
Depending on your schedule and interests, you might...
- Attend the majority of live sessions, chat in Slack all day, and meet 15 new fellows a week in 1-on-1 calls
- Tune in at your leisure, attending a couple of sessions that interest you each week and connecting with people based on specific similarities
- Search Slack and the Directory to find the specific people and sessions you want to engage with, but otherwise take a lighter approach.
You can do what works for you! Most ODC Fellows have full-time jobs or startups, so our programming is designed with that in mind.
Yes: ODC will be run entirely remotely. This enables participation from all corners of the world. We’ve spent the past year mastering the playbook for building remote communities and relationship building online, and will apply the same approach here.
Post-COVID, we’ll return to organizing offline programming like dinners, small gatherings, and retreats, but the core Fellowship will remain a remote-first experience.