What is it?
Founding a company can be a very isolating experience. Not everyone needs money, but everyone could benefit from a support network and community of fellow entrepreneurs - all at a similar stage.
On Deck emerged out of a need for talented people to have a safe space to talk about their ideas and desire to start a company, freely and confidentially. So much goes into successfully launching a company, and we wanted to create a thoughtfully curated community that truly supports the growth of entrepreneurs and their startups.
The On Deck Fellowship is an 8-week program that brings together a group of founders from the broader On Deck community on a weekly basis to work alongside one another on their startup ideas, and connects them with mentors, experts, and investors in various industries via a series of 1:1 introductions, dinner events, hack days, and an exclusive online community with the current cohort and past alumni.
Dinners & Happy Hours
Full-cohort events to get everyone together
- All-Cohort – socialize, participate in small-group breakout discussions, and have interesting conversations with all fellows
- Alumni Reunions – opportunity for current cohort to get to know past cohorts of ODF alumni
Smaller, themed dinners to make it easier to connect with like-minded founders.
- Enterprise & Public Sector
Meet 1:1 with the other fellows in the cohort, as well as one-off intros to mentors, investors, and founders from the broader On Deck community
- Fellowship Directory – access the cohort directory with all fellows and their info - request intros to anyone, and we’ll facilitate the double opt-in
- ODF Alumni – access to directory of On Deck Fellowship Alumni; we'll facilitate the intro
- "Top 10" – machine Learning-generated list at start of cohort of the 10 people we think are most aligned with your objectives
- Round-robin – optional intro every week for those looking for higher volume of 1:1 conversations
Learning & Tactical Tips
Learn from, seek advice, or get feedback on things you need help with from experts
- Office hours – opportunity to book slots with a variety of VC Partners, Angel Investors, Serial Founders, execs, & other fellows
- Workshops / Fireside Chats – a series of exclusive programming with some of the highest profile founders & leaders in tech
Escape the city life & enjoy the opportunity to connect deeply and form strong relationships with others in the cohort
- Kick-off retreat – 2.5 hours outside of San Francisco, all-inclusive overnight
Collaboration & Accountability
Founding a company is hard, and often isolating. Take advantage of being surrounded by resources & others at similar stages.
- Co-working space – access to flexible co-working space at least 1x/week to jam on ideas, strategize, and get feedback (option to pay small monthly fee for full-time access)
- Hack Days – hackathon-style events to create an environment to crank out new prototypes, team up with others, and rapidly bring an idea to life
- “Tribes” - to help make a big group feel smaller, you’ll be assigned a small group of 8-12 people at the start of the fellowship: meet regularly, help each other, hold others accountable, etc
- Showcase Day – an opportunity to pitch your idea/MVP to the cohort & ODF Alumni.