Ervin Santana (9-7) has been the Angels’ most reliable starter this month, averaging nearly eight innings over his last four starts. On Saturday, he gave up five hits and two walks, striking out eight in eight innings as he earned his 9th victory. Through his last four starts, Santana had been 0-2 with a no-decision in his three starts preceding Saturday’s outing because his teammates had averaged only one run in those games. has been the Angels’ most reliable starter this month, averaging nearly eight innings and compiling a 2.30 earned-run average over his last four starts.
Santana gave up two solo home runs, but otherwise was outstanding in a big-time game for the Angels. He improved his ERA to 3.55.
In other fantasy news from Saturday…..
- Johnny Cueto threw eight scoreless innings for his tenth win of the season. He allowed four hits and one walk, while striking out six.
- Delmon Young hit one. His 13th home run was one of his four hits in a 4-4 effort against the Orioles. Young also had 3 RBI and remains extremely hot since the All-Star Break hitting .436 (19-for-41) with two homers and 15 RBIs. Young’s batting average has gone from .306 to .325 over this ten-game stretch.
- Jose Tabata went 3-for-5 with a solo homer and a double. Tabata has put together a nice run since the All-Star break hitting .375 (15-for-40) with eight RBIs and a ten runs scored.
- Mat Latos gave up two earned runs on seven hits, walked two and struck out seven in six innings. Latos has a 0.86 ERA in three July starts and a 2.48 mark on the season. He will face the Marlins at Petco Park in his next start. Expect more of the same from Latos.
- Luke Scott hit one. Scott has been on a tear since returning from the disabled list on July 19, hitting a .458 (11-for-24) with four homers and eight RBIs.
- Shaun Marcum allowed two earned runs and scattered eight hits in 5 2/3 innings, while walking two and striking out five to earn his 9th win of the season. Marcum is a solid fantasy option in all formats.