Jun 16 2010
Padres starter Matt Latos pitched well en route to his seventh victory on Tuesday, limiting the Blue Jays to two earned runs on just four hits and a walk over 6.2 innings while striking out seven.
Latos has gone 6-2 over his last nine starts, compiling 54 Ks in 58 innings. He lowered his ERA for the season to 3.19. He’s a must-own in all formats right now.
The Padres were picked to finish last by most baseball analysts, but Latos and the rest of the Padres pitching staff have been excellent and the Padres continue to remain in first place. They lead the National League with a team ERA of 3.01.
In other fantasy news from Monday…..
- Manny Ramirez had a big night in Cincinnati with 3 hits including a home run and 4 RBI
- Prince Fielder drove in someone besides himself since May 19th! Let’s hope this is a start of something for him.
- Chad Billingsley is heading to the 15-day disabled list with a groin strain.
- The Diamondbacks traded Conor Jackson to the Oakland A’s in exchange for Sam Demel. Demel was 2-0 , 1.26 ERA, and 6 saves in 22 games for Triple-A Sacramento. The Diamondbacks hope Demel can help their struggling bullpen.
- Jair Jurrjens allowed 2 runs in 2.2 innings pitched in his first minor league rehab start
- The Pirates called up Pedro Alvarez on Tuesday night. Look for Alvarez to be in the line-up on Wednesday. Alvarez should be picked up in NL formats immediately and be closely monitored in mixed leagues.
- Chipper Jones met with Braves officials on Tuesday to discuss his future and possible retirement with the team.